Do you have a heart for the lost, the poor, the hurting? Are you ready to engage in a summer of sacrificial service, meaningful ministry, and awesome adventure? Bless Back Worldwide & Los Rayos de Esperanza are currently seeking interns for the summer of 2013.
Whether you are a student or a recent graduate, applying your skills and sharing your gifts and talents in a cross-cultural context can be the conduit for lasting life change. Your internship will not only greatly benefit the people and local ministries in Nicaragua, but will also provide you with invaluable life, work, and ministry experience.
The Summer Missions Internship program is an exciting opportunity for young people (typically ages 18-25) who are ready to deepen their walk with Christ and make a difference in our world. This intense, 4-8 week journey will immerse you in hands-on mission work, leadership training, and the life giving practice of mercy. You will experience Christian community with a group of your peers, and gain a further understanding of who you are in Christ and who He is in you and in the world. You will work in various communities and barrios throughout the country of Nicaragua and be a part of a team that seeks to make Christ known to a people who desperately need to know His love, grace and hope.
Depending on your individual gifts, talents, skills and strengths, you may serve in any of the following ways:
- Lead, assist with, or help implement “Green Fish”, an aquaponics sustainability development program
- Teach ESL (English as a Second Language) or other classes in an area you have expertise in
- Feed the homeless
- Volunteer at an impoverished school
- Assist with mission teams
- Participate in a census
- Lead a Bible Study; Lead Worship
- Construct a security wall at the mission base
- Build a church; Repair roofs in local barrios
- Mentor youth through the medium of sports
- Minister to prostitutes
- Work at a Compassion International program
- Lead a Backyard Bible Club or VBS program
- Serve in a local church
- Create handcrafts and art projects with children and youth
- Participate in prayer walks; Go door to door to distribute Bibles
- Comfort the sick; visit the elderly; volunteer at the home of the ancients
- Assist young mothers with caring for their babies
- Travel with a Nicaraguan music and drama group and participate in open air evangelism
- Follow the Lord’s leading – You will be encouraged and supported in the area of ministry you feel the Lord leading you in.
“Not all of us can do great things, but we can all do small things with great love.”